December 25, 2005

Roadnotes: Vancouver 1

So I reserved tickets through Amtrak's web site to go up to Vancouver. Silly me, expecting to ride a train and all. Nope, I was put on a bus.

Always ready to put a positive face in things, I thought, "Well, at least we'll be on time, eh?" I'd heard of trains being as much as eight hours late.
But no again - we sat on the bus for 20 minutes waiting for two people transferring from Chicago. They were late because of their train.

Incidentally, it's amazing how traveling a few miles outside of our borders increases the availability of responsible news reporting.

2 comments:

Joey Polanski said...

Did th foreign news report how late the trains outta Chicago were runnin?

Aaron Dietz said...

I'm sure they did, but I didn't watch it all night. I had a city to explore, after all.